Terms & ConditionsThis Premium Protection Plan (the "Plan”) is in addition to the original manufacturer’s warranty. The additional warranty period is either one year or two years and is indicated on the proof of purchase. This Plan commences on the expiry date of the original manufacturer’s warranty. This Plan covers repairs or replacements of any defective component part of cellular handsets and devices, on the same terms and conditions as the original manufacturer’s warranty. The decision to repair or replace is determined by GLENTEL Inc. in its sole discretion.
In addition to the terms and conditions contained in the original manufacturer’s warranty, all of which are incorporated herein by reference, this Plan is subject to the following conditions:
- The Plan must be purchased with the applicable cellular handset or device at time of initial sale.
- The Plan does not cover defects or damage resulting from accident, misuse, abuse, neglect, unusual physical damage, liquid damage, cosmetic damage, unauthorized modification or unlocking ("jail breaking”) of the cellular handset or device.
- The Plan does not cover malfunctions or damage resulting from the use of accessories, cables, batteries, any add-on devices, ancillary/peripheral equipment, setup or installation, any adjustments to the antenna system or cleaning of keypads.
- The purchaser releases GLENTEL Inc. and its shareholders, directors, officers, affiliates, employees, suppliers, agents, and subcontractors, from any and all liability, loss, harm, damages, cost or expense, caused to the purchaser or to the product, arising out of GLENTEL Inc.’s repair (or attempts to repair) or replacement of the product, except for damages caused directly by the negligence of GLENTEL Inc.
- GLENTEL Inc. is not liable for any damages of any kind resulting from the purchase, use, misuse of, or inability to use the product, or arising from any repair or replacement of the product by GLENTEL Inc. (including but not limited to loss of any information or data) or inability of GLENTEL Inc. to make the necessary repairs, including without limitation, incidental, special, consequential damages, or loss of anticipated profits.
- If GLENTEL Inc. determines that any product or any repair or replacement completed is not covered by this Plan, purchaser is responsible for all costs incurred including without limitation, the cost of all parts, shipping and labour charges for the repair or return or replacement of the product.
- GLENTEL Inc.’s liability under this Plan is limited to the greater of the cost of the necessary repairs or the replacement cost of the product. GLENTEL Inc.’s obligations under this Plan are fully discharged if a replacement product is issued when deemed necessary by GLENTEL Inc. and this Plan will cease to have any further effect upon such replacement. GLENTEL Inc. reserves the right to replace the product with a refurbished product and/or with a product containing like features. Purchaser will have the option of purchasing a new Plan for any replacement product issued under this Plan if purchaser desires to have extended warranty coverage for the replacement product.
- The Plan applies only to the original purchaser of the product and to any transferee of the product, provided that at the time of the transfer, GLENTEL Inc. is notified of the transfer and the product is in good working order.
- Where applicable, the purchaser is required to pay deposit and/or other fees applicable to any cellular handset or device loaned to purchaser temporarily while a product is being serviced under this Plan.
- Provided that no claims are made under the Plan during the warranty period, the purchase price paid for the Plan (as evidenced by the proof of purchase) may be applied as an in-store credit towards any accessory product purchase made within six (6) months of the expiry of the warranty period. The in-store credit may be applied to handset purchases with select carrier networks only. The purchaser is not eligible to receive monetary reimbursement.
- GLENTEL Inc. reserves the right to change the terms and conditions contained herein.
Claim ProcedureTo obtain service under this Plan, purchaser must return product to the retail location where the product was purchased or to another authorized retail location. Visit wirelesswave.ca for a listing by province of store locations. Proof of purchase is required to verify Plan coverage and eligibility before any servicing can be conducted.
The Plan is administered and provided by GLENTEL Inc. doing business as
™Rogers and Mobius Design are trademarks of Rogers Communications, Inc. used under license. © 2013 Rogers Wireless. ™Fido & design are trademarks of Fido Solutions Inc. ©2013 Fido Solutions Inc. The VIRGIN trademark and family of associated marks used by Virgin Mobile Canada are trade-marks of Virgin Enterprises Ltd. and used under license by Virgin Mobile. ™chatr and related brand names and designs are trademarks used by Chatr Wireless © 2013. SaskTel and SaskTel design are trademarks of SaskTel. © 2013 SaskTel and its licensors. All rights reserved.